Friday, January 4, 2013

I'm Ready, 2013

I spent my last hours of 2012 singing and dancing in a coliseum with a bunch of old work buddies. The Avett Brothers were rocking hard then singing sweetly, and they counted down the welcoming of the new year with the thousands of us that came to see them. Balloons and confetti and voices reigned down, and with them, the promise of a new year. The promise of a better year after a really tough one.

And you know what? Maybe it's just because we're all so damn determined to make it feel better this time around, but so far, 2013 really has been full of greatness. It's been chocked full of hope and niceness. I've seen people remembering what manners are and doing pleasant things for one another. I've seen a renewed sparkle in everyone's eyes, a kind of hop in everyone's step. And I'm really hoping that if we all hope and try hard enough, we can keep it this way for the year and many more years to come.

So without further ado, here are my resolutions for the year. They are simple and complex simultaneously, and only because I have such a sharp picture in my mind am I able to make them so short-n'-sweet.


Not only am I blessed with a resolution partner again, but a NETWORK of partners who are all resolved to grow and learn and live better from here on out. Honestly, this community growing closer, these friends and lovers and families and everything in-between, is the thing I'm most excited about for 2013.

Let's do this, y'all.

3 comments:

  1. I wish you all the luck in the world from my snotty, Kleenex-filled corner, doll. SUCCESS! *fist pump* Except I'm not really sure what a fist pump is, so maybe I just did something that looked like a drunken attempt to punch my monitor. Whatever.

    VAGUELY DIRECTED ENTHUSIASM! There.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, T is hilarious even when snotty! And Ray, I'm so excited for you and your awesome goals. I know you will accomplish them with your trademark dedication. Y'all rawk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey do you remember me?

    ReplyDelete