Friday, March 18, 2011

Accepting The Time-Turner Isn't Real

I kind of knew going into this day that I wouldn't get one of my three proposed "I'm gonnas" done, but that's okay. I'm not letting it bring me down since I had one swinging St. Patty's Day.

My first gonna was to celebrate my quasi-Irish heritage with my friend Christy, and we definitely did. We started at 5 and I didn't leave the bar until 11:40. That'd be a more impressive feat if I'd been drinking, but no Irish car bombs for me. When you think about it, that's an awfully politically incorrect title, isn't it? Ahh, you're right, I don't give a damn about being PC.


I jingled my way into the movie theater after that, thanks to all of the free St. Patty's swag I had around my neck from the bar. I think the cashier was confused when the girl with the leather jacket, green beads, and neon green eye make-up asked for a ticket to see a movie written by nerds for nerds.

I'm a complex beast.

Sara, Alie, and I then partook in an epic movie experience after waiting for years for another Pegg/Frost pairing. At the end of the day, "Paul" was a damn good alien film. It made me laugh, it made me cry, and I squealed every time I picked up a sci-fi reference.

So there you have it, my two accomplished "I'm gonnas" of the day. Two-thirds is not an offensive fraction in this project, but I'm gonna put in the time to make sure that it doesn't appear more frequently than not. Unfortunately, the DIY bracelet had to wait...

But only until today! Today I'm gonna: really do this DIY project before walking the Strawberry Hill trail again. Then I'm gonna go see an old friend from my days on the photography desk! And I may be pushing it, but I think I'm gonna send in a couple of resumés as well.

Tomorrow, we'll hopefully be back to the regular broadcasting of self-deprecation. (Which I enjoy, by the way, contrary to those who seem to misunderstand my aforementioned sense of humor.)

No comments:

Post a Comment