Wednesday, June 1, 2011

First Day

Happy June!


Yesterday was my first day at work, which would have been a breeze had I not been running on two hours of sleep, otherwise making what could have been a relaxing day a fight to keep my eyes open. I did get to see how things work while simultaneously catching some sun in the car. (I wish I were exaggerating about the latter.)

I came home and promptly changed into my pj's, ate some food, and passed out with my mom while watching a movie. Everyone in the house is sick, so we were asleep by 9... ish. Surprisingly, I slept straight through to when I wanted to get up this morning. Congrats, brain, we're on some kind of right track.

I feel so accomplished, yet so unaccomplished. This whole growing up thing is always gonna be a double-edged sword. You can thank 30 Rock for reminding me of that metaphor.

Today I'm gonna go to work (remember to apply sunscreen), the chiro, and then we'll see if I can maintain consciousness long enough to do anything else. I might have slept a full night, but that doesn't mean I'm not inexplicably tired.

If you want to give me some gonnas to do, or even just chat, email me at:

2 comments:

  1. I work at a derm office... don't make me rail on about the sun's ill effects! Get you some SPF gurl! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I'm jealous. I'm obsessed with skin and I think it would maybe be my dream to work in a derm office. I've sprayed myself with some SPF 70 everyday, since, though!

    ReplyDelete