Thursday, September 1, 2011

Honest Bitch

As I was sitting up one night with my mother, talking about this and that, I found myself confessing my distaste for the general lack of stomach when it comes to honesty. I'm at a point in my life where even the thought of sugarcoating the truth is nauseating.

Of course I'm not referring to the occasional white lie or even the menial (and not so menial) lies we may find ourselves falling into on any given day. These things are a way of life and always will be. I'm referring to the fact that people are almost often forced to lie because no one can... well, handle the truth.

I have a tendency to hurt peoples feelings or offend strangers by the things that come out of my mouth. While I find I have to take some personal responsibility when it comes to holding my tounge, I find more frequently that the problem lies with these blinders society has tried to force upon us over the years. We've been numbed so much that now even simple truths shock us. While you shouldn't go around saying whatever you feel to whomever you feel like, you should be able to speak your mind without getting napalmed with overreactions.

This is where the idea for the Honest Bitch blog entries came from. In an effort to fill the void on my blog that this transitional moment in my life has left, I will commentate on the things I do, see, and hear with reckless truth.

Maybe one day they will be their own little blog, but for now, the HB entries will live here because it was something I said I was gonna do and here I am doing it.

If you have any topics you want honest-fied, email me at imgonnadothatgirl@gmail.com! Catch y'all on the flip side.


No comments:

Post a Comment